Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitchhobby
    • Jan 2004

Removing chapters from VOB

I have a Sony camcorder that records directly to DVD. I back-up these DVDs to my HD for later editing... since it is not copyrighted I don't have to 'rip' the DVDs... the files just copy over without any problem. I want to edit the VOBs on PowerDirector which supports importing such files, including AC3 sound.

The problem is my camcorder sets chapter marks every 7 seconds when I record, and when PowerDirector imports the VOBs it breaks the file at every chapter mark... it is almost impossible to manage so many small clips... and when you put them together on PowerDirector the video jumps at every chapter mark.

Sony says I cannot turn off the 7 second chapter marks when recording and PowerDirector tech support says there is no way to keep the program from breaking VOBs into clips at each chapter mark.

THE QUESTION IS: Is it possible to edit VOB files to remove the chapter marks?

I have VOBedit and IFOedit... not that I really understand either. Thanks!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Both "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (Different than "TMPGEnc" and "TMPGEnc Plus") and "DVDLab" should easily allow you to remove existing chapter settings and, if you wish, create your own...

Comment

• mitchhobby
      • Jan 2004

I have unfortunately exhausted my software budget, so I'm unable to purchase either of these products. Any other ideas?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

You can download a FULLY functioning 15 day free trial version of "TMPGEnc DVD Author"...

Comment

Working...