Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebel146
    • Jul 2004

converting file need help!

I used DVD shrink to convert a dvd to files onto my computer. Now i want to edit these files with pinnacle studio 8 but need it in a format it will reconize. How do i do this? (such as mpeg 1 i guess... what would be the best format, i am planning on putting it back on a dvd when done)
  • shiny#3
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jul 2003

well ... converting your dvd vob files to mpeg1 will
    severely degrade the quality of your movie.
    because your movie is in vob files for a DVD that means in
    mpeg2 format... try a vob extractor of your choice to unwrap the
    movie back to mpeg2 video stream + soundfile and you will be able to load it into pinnacle studio.

"vobedit" is such a tool to extract your video stream into mpeg2 format and DVD2AVIis the most simple to extract the audiotrack
    of your choice.
    Last edited by shiny#3; 14 Jul 2004, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Sophocles
      • Jul 2004

Ripping in file mode should be enough but why would you want to use IC8 for editing? It was never meant for that purpose! If you think that IC8 has more edtiting features than DVD Shrink then perhaps DVD edtiting is not your strength.
      "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)

Comment

• Brobear
        • Jul 2004

Perhaps another approach would be best. The editing tool DVDReMake by Dimadsoft is an excellent tool for the beginner to intermediate level (there are some freeware, don't know of ease or functions though). No switching of formats. You do as Sophocles stated, rip in File format. Then use the DVDReMake to edit and export to your transcoding software of choice to do the burn.

Comment

• Sophocles
          • Jul 2004

Good point brobear.
          "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)

Comment

• Qyd
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Oct 2002

No ideea what Pinnacle studio can use for imput, but if it accepts mpeg2 streams, you could use vobedit to demux the individual streams from the vob files, and go from there.

Comment

Working...