Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AAP
    • Jul 2004

Burning Vob Files...

Hi guys, I'm new to this.... I wanted to know something about VOB files.... everytime I try to burn them with nero it goes through the encoding process all over again.... it takes sometimes 8 hours to encode (I only have a P4 1.5ghz).... is there any way that I can skip the encoding process altogether and burn it straight to DVD???

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" to (much more quickly) create the required DVD structure.

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• AAP
      • Jul 2004

Hi, thanks for the response.... just wanted to know.... the files I want to burn are already in video TS format.... tmpgenc says I can burn my exported video ts AND audio ts files once I encode them.... does that mean that I have to re-encode with tmpgenc to extract the sound files from the vob files first before burning to DVD, or can I just burn those video ts files directly to DVD without enconding?

Thanks for you help

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"the files I want to burn are already in video TS format...."

If you mean that you already have a FOLDER (not a file) named "VIDEO_TS", and it contains the required .IFOs, .BUPs, and .VOBs, then you can simply burn in NERO as "DVD-Video" - Place ALL the files into the RED "VIDEO_TS folder...

Comment

• AAP
          • Jul 2004

Will give it a try.... thanks my friend

Comment

• AAP
            • Jul 2004

Thanks my friend, it worked!

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001