problems w/ improper vbr audio - uncompressed wav file saved is truncated - help pls!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jethrow
    • Aug 2004

problems w/ improper vbr audio - uncompressed wav file saved is truncated - help pls!

I have an avi film with vbr audio. when i open the file in virtualdubmod, it says:
    "improper vbr audio encoding...this may introduce up to 5681 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the entire video stream to an uncompressed wav file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder."
    I tried following what was written on previous posts.
    Whether I choose yes or no, when I go to video - direct stream copy, and I go to Streams - stream list - right click on the file - full proccessing mode, and compression - uncompressed PCM, save wav with different file name and .wav extender, the file is truncated and is only a third of the length of the movie audio itself. For example the film is 1h30min long, the wav file will only be 30min long when i play it. Please help me as I'm a newbie at this and the technical stuff can be like a foreign language to me. i have also attached the avi file info as a jpeg. thank you.
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you successfully played the ORIGINAL .AVI from beginning to end?

Comment

• jethrow
      • Aug 2004

no, Windows Media Player won't play it, it says "class factory cannot support requested class". I can use virtualdubmod, but I have to accept 5681 ms of skewed sound when I save the file.
      (btw here's a better snapshot of the file info)
      thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Unless and until you are able to play the ORIGINAL file, there's really no way of knowing what is the cause of the problem - it could be a fake file or a corrupted file.

Download and install the DivX v.5.11 codec.

Comment

• jethrow
          • Aug 2004

I actually managed to save the uncompressed wav file. I must have been doing something really stupid, i'm still new at this, sorry. well now i saved the avi file, uncompressed and without audio. so now i have the uncompressed wav file and uncompressed avi without audio. i would like to put it back together and hopefully keep it around 700 mb like the original file. i know this must sound really stupid but i've never done it before, what do i need to do?
          thanks

Comment

Working...