Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DocCountry
    • Aug 2004

Corrupt AVI by Recording from Camcorder

I have a large AVI file made with Pinnacle Studio 8. I was directly capturing to a harddrive when the computer was unplugged.

Tech Support from Pinnacle refered me to TMPG but not specific program or proceedure. In looking for this I ran across this forum. There was a similar problem by another user but I could not figure out how to read the old thread.

I ran the AVIFix and it indicated that there were errors. Prior to running the AVIFix Window MP indicated 0:00/0:00 time. After it showed 34:27 as a time but indicated a corrupt file. I took a long time to respond and mediaplayer went ahead and played the music but did not show any video.

I tried to open it with studio 8 and it said file could not be opened.

I ran the AVIFix on a copy of the file, so I can start over if I need to. I really am a newbie, a tutorial or glossary of terms would be helpful to understanding the terms used in the posts I have read.

This was of a school play and is not replacable.

DC
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Wouldn't it be far easier for you to simply once again capture from the original camcorder video?

Comment

• DocCountry
      • Aug 2004

It would, absolutely but I was directly recording to the computer at the live play. No tape in the camcorder, I thought I was saving time, If it helps , the last several minutes are not needed as the play was over but the recording was left on. It was another parent that unplugged my computer, They did not realize what they were doing.
      Anyway, I have an 8.19gb file I cannot read. I guess that when you press END CAPTURE the "directory" is written and I did not get the button pressed. Or at least that is my understanding of how AVI files work.
      Is there a utility that could fix this "incomplete" file.

Comment

• DAFT
        Slightly Stupid
        • Aug 2004

goto the canopus website. they have alot of software solutions that allow you to correct errors in unstable program processes.
        Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
        I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

Working...