Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiltek
    • Aug 2004

Quality

I recently d/l'd a movie and the quality wasnt too good. After converting it to dvd the quality hadnt changed, is there any software available that enhances the quality of the movie and minimises the pixels that can be seen??
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) You can't make gold from lead

2) You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

3) When you download the "work" of others, sometimes you get what you pay for

4) Although there are many different programs that offer filtering of many different types, basically you can't improve the quality

Comment

• spiltek
      • Aug 2004

I didnt think there was setarip i was just acting on false hopes........Any chance of lettin us know the names of these so called programs so i can waste my time some more????

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"is there any software available that enhances the quality of the movie and minimises the pixels that can be seen??"

As setarip has already indicated, there are "No" programs available that will enhance the quality of the original source file.

Comment

• fyreant
          • Mar 2004

well its obvious that we can't "enhance" quality but what about a program to fine tune the video... something that will AUTO adjust the hue and the bightness and the saturation and all those other things that you can spend hours and hours working with. if there was a program that could do this i bet you would see that the quality gets much better. i know that they have this type of feature with pictures.. its called auto correct in the picture program i use and completely takes a picture and like "restores" it. what video program can do this type of work?... its a great idea... would be awesome to have something like that....

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"but what about a program to fine tune the video... something that will AUTO adjust the hue and the bightness and the saturation"

There are many programs that will do those things. "TMPGEnc" will do it so will "VirtualDub".

Comment

• fyreant
              • Mar 2004

ok i very frequently use TMPGENC plus and i use virtualdub and virtualdubmod on occasion and i am aware of the how - I - can adjust all those features MANUALLY. but i want something that with do it AUTOMATICALLY... what i mean by automatically is something where i do not enter the value... something where the computer itself decides... "ok there is too much hue, needs a little saturation, and needs a bit of brightness" and the does it. something that the program itself will "search for the optimum values" for all the fine brightness/color tweaks.. if TMPGENC can do this... FULLY AUTOMATED... where it will choose the optimum values itself then can you please explain to me how to do this or where it is?????? thanks

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

fyreant

I don't believe there is a program that will do what you want automatically.

Comment

• de Witte
                  DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
                  • Jul 2004

What isn't there you can't get back.

The only thing you can do is filtering zo the the bad things aren't seen anymore. but if there's no quality it only get's less and less and less and less............
                  Klaas

P4 2.4GHz FSB533, 256MB mem, HD 80Gb ,RICOH MP5240 (DVD+),Win98se

Comment

Working...