Flask .6 worked, now crashes at start up!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harley
    • Jan 2002

Flask .6 worked, now crashes at start up!

I have succsefully used Flask .6 to encode about a dozen movies. The last time I used it was about 3 weeks ago and it worked fine. I went to Flask a movie last night and when I launched the program I get an error similar to this: "Flaskmpeg has caused an (unknown) error in Flaskmpeg". When I close that error window I get another error like this: "Flaskmpeg has caused and error in Divx.dll" I uninstalled Flask and re-installed it about 5 times. One of those 5 times it opened up and worked but when I closed it and tried to start it again the error messages returned. I also have Flask .594 and that works just fine. The only thing I done to my computer in the last 3 weeks is install the 'Intel Application Accelerator' software for my P4 chipset and 'Zone Alert Pro'. I've tried disabling the Zone Alert Pro but that didn't help.
    If anyone has encountered this problem, I'd like to hear from you or any one with a suggestion on fixing this problem. Thanks in advance!
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Problems like this are usually caused by conflicting audio codecs.

Go into 'controlpanel'->multimedia->devices->'audio compression codecs' and look for any mp3 codecs if u have more than one that is probably the cause of your problem.

*edit*

you can remove an audio codec by using properties->remove.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Harley
      • Jan 2002

Ok, I'll look into it. It's funny that It worked fine for a couple of months and I haven't added any new codecs. Also, Flask .594 encoded the movie with no problems. I'll let you know what happens.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

I personally prefer the older .594 to 6. It's less complicated and gives fewer errors in my experience.

Comment

• Harley
          • Jan 2002

I know Flask .594 is more stable than Flask .6 but Flask .6 encodes faster. It's not that I'm devoted to Flask .6, what bugs me the most is that something that was working is no longer working and I want to understand why.

Comment

Working...