Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adamherb
    • Oct 2004

Audio Sync

I am having trouble with getting the Avermedia EZ DVD PRO with hardware encoder to keep video, and audio in sync. I am using a slow USB 1.1 connection, and a 2.0 GHz processer. Of Course it is recommended to have a 2.0 USB connection, and does anyone think that the sync problems could be from the lack of transfer, and maybe the audio is waiting to go, but the video is a priority, so it is kept coming through, and by the time the audio gets a chance to come through it is way too lait. The higher quality the video, the more of a delay there is.
    Last edited by adamherb; 3 Oct 2004, 05:12 AM.
  • Comberman
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Aug 2002

It is usually prudent to follow the maker's recommendations and you will certainly see improved throughput if you do move up to USB 2. However, before you do go down that road, there is a couple of things you can try. I don't have experience of the kit you mention and what follows is based on experience using my own system.
    1. Turn off everything in the system tray and shut down anything else that's not relevant to the job in hand.
    2. Always keep your HDDs in good order by regular defragging.
    3. Try reducing the bit ratio of the audio, or if you don't need special sound output (Stereo/Surround, etc) then revert to mono.
    4. Start the recording/capture process and wait (say 10-20 seconds before you hit the 'Play' or 'Transfer'. This will allow your drive to get up to speed.
    Hope this helps.
    Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

Working...