X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • owenhbrown
    • Oct 2004

New user, simple question

Hello people...

Sorry to bother you with such a seemingly menial question but I can't appear to find a solution on the pages of digial digest...

Are there any guides out there, with links to software downloads that will help me convert Avi/DivX to DVD? I have a DVD burner now and a few old divx files that I'd like to burn to DVD...

Any help would be enormously appreciated...

Owen.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I have a DVD burner now and a few old divx files that I'd like to burn to DVD..."

Follow this procedure:

1. Convert the AVI (DivX or Xvid)/mpeg file(s) to a DVD compliant mpeg-2 file(s) using "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus". Use the DVD template (NTSC or PAL) form the "Project Wizard" to help you accomplish the task. If you have an mpeg file that is already DVD-compliant, then skip directly to step 2.

2. Then use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different than "TMPGEnc") to author the newly created mpeg-2 into a DVD-related file structure (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB). As an alternative, you can use "DVDLab" to author as well.

3. If the combined filesize of the project exceeds 4.37 Gig, use "DVD Shrink" or similar transcoding program to compress.

4. Use "Nero" or similar burning program to burn onto a DVD (r, rw) disk.

Comment

Working...