Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony Clifton
    • Feb 2002

I also need help with subtitles

I am a newbie at this and could use some help in how to add a subtitle to a avi-movie. I´ve downloaded The brotherhood of the wolf (it´s a french movie) and the subtitle itself, but how do a apply this to the movie? What software is needed (I have VirtualDub)? Pls keep It as simple as posible. I have looked everywhere and read all kind of guides but none have described how to do this.
  • d3n!x
    • Feb 2002

you can try SubViewer 2.0 beta (+/-2.7mb) freeware from Digital3D.
    futures: SubViewer can show subtitle on your computer from DVD, VCD, and others. you can play the music and give a subtitle at the same times. maybe it's work for you. good luck.

Comment

• abdul
      • Jan 2002

You do not tell us what you want, so i'll answer in two parts :

1. If you just want to watch the movie on your PC, you have to have a player that supports subtitles (BS-Player, Micro DVD etc.)

The idea of those players is to load the movie .......... then load the subtitle and you will be able to watch them both
      (of course your subtitle should have the correct format and should be in sync with the movie -for both those problems are solutions of course- )

2. If you want to edit the subtitle permanent in your movie you will need (besides virtual Dub)
      the subtitler plugin for virtual dub
      a srt to ssa converter

I posted somewere else on how to do this exactly, so if this is what you want then search for it or say so then i will make an effort of posting it again.

Hope this answers your question

Comment

• Tony Clifton
        • Feb 2002

That was the answer I was looking for. I downloaded Micro dvd and managed to view the movie with the subtitle, but I soon ran into the next problem: the text was as you mentioned not in sync with the movie. I would therefor appriciate if you also could help me with the solution for that problem aswell? I´ve read the Micro dvd documentation and it speaks alot of the movie´s INI-file section, wich doesn´t help me very much. Do you have a simple solution to the problem with subs that appear too late or early?

Comment

• abdul
          • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Tony Clifton
          Do you have a simple solution to the problem with subs that appear too late or early?
          Hopefully the next answer can help you as much as my first

There is an program that can do that very easily for you and it is called: Subsync

Where it comes down to is (in short):

Select the first line for an easily identifiable sub and press Ctrl + F5
          Then in the movie hit pause when you know for sure the sub is in the right place and hit : Blue

Select a line at the end of the movie which is easily identifiable and hit Ctrl + F6
          Then pause the movie were the line should be in the movie and hit : Green

Hit Adjust and save your subtitle

Easy as that.

Comment

• Tony Clifton
            • Feb 2002

Thank you very much for all the help! That worked out nicely and all problems is now thanks to you solved. Tiptop!

Comment

• abdul
              • Jan 2002

you're welcome

Comment

• werwepu
                • Mar 2002

Synchronise subs

Hi Abdul,
                I've checked your instructions for SubSync (regarding subs being presented too late/early), but I still don't know how to get it to work???
                I open Subsync and load both avi-file and sub-file.
                What exactly do I do then? Are the any instruction files (in english) anywhere?

I received some help from you a couple of weeks ago which really helped me, so that's why I'm hoping that you could help me with this too?

thanks
                /werwepu

Comment

• doc_dread
                  • Jan 2002

Vobsub

Vobsub is a great program for displaying subtitles in Windows Media Player...

ask away if problems!
                  -DocDread

Comment

Working...