Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oddyo
    • Feb 2002

Totally new here...need advice

Hi I have a whole bunch of movies in DIVX. I was wondering if I could copy them using Easy CD Creator 5(platinum) into VCD's . I read that this program could do it automatically. Is it true? Has anyone done it ? Please advice and thanks in advance.
    P.S I would like to play these in a DVD player and not in my computer.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

There are numerous guides for converting to vcd using NERO and TMPGEnc. Try using these two softwares, as they seem to be the most common options, and you're likely to find more help. Check vcdhelp.com. You may find info at the Easy CD creator website or check the help section. I think you have to go under "properties" and select vcd, however I am unfamiliar with the software.

It is possible, that your resulting vcd will be large--larger than to fit on a single cd. In this case you would have to cut it and save it on multiple cd's. TMPGEnc, allows you to do this.

Not all dvd players are capable of playing vcd's. Ensure that your player is vcd complaint. The quality of cd-r/cd-rw could impact vcd creation.

Comment

• abdul
      • Jan 2002

In addition to Batman's excellent answer i would like to point out something about file size

VCD is only capable of holding 1hr20min movie with a maximum of 800MB data on ONE cd. (for a 80 minutes cd)
      So kep these numbers in mind when making a vcd

I never have used the direct methode, mainly because Nero and Easy are excellent BURNING- programs and i get kind of itchy when those programs also try to do stuff for which they were not originally intended.

TMPGenc is the way to go for converting avi into mpg and the you can burn the mpg as VCD
      (as said by Batman: excellent tutorials can be found on vcdhelp; and also on Doom9)

Comment

Working...