Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Conundrum
    • Dec 2004

Converting files

I was doing some housekeeping on an old hard disk I found in a cupboard, when I came upon a mysterious folder with some strange files in it.

Folder - Sample
    alli-ssme.xvid
    alli-ssme.xvid.001
    alli-ssme.xvid.002
    alli-ssme.xvid.003
    then contiinues down to 049
    alli-ssme.xvid.sfv

All of those .xvid.00* files are about 14 Mb in size. I can play each individual file using VLC Media player, but what I want to do is combine them all together then burn them to a DVD.
    any ideas?
    Steve
    Last edited by Conundrum; 18 Dec 2004, 06:44 AM.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Hi Conundrum

Please read rule 6 of the forum rules

Comment

• Conundrum
      • Dec 2004

Well, that didn't take too long for me to get into trouble. At least I got a valid reply, inviting me to inspect the rules of the forum, which of course I'll respect.

Just as a reality check, I would say that 90% of people who come to this site will be looking for help and/or information on how to manipulate various digital files so they can be played or stored on a computer. When I first looked at this site I was careful to read the FAQ's , but I neglected to read the forum rules. Mig$y has kindly pointed them out, so I realise I'm in the wrong place.

Thanks anyway for replying, Mig$y, I now know I'll have to find what I need someplace else.

(If I had left out the word 'film' from my initial post would that have been OK?)

Conundrum

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Now, presuming that you've EDITED your initial post to this thread:

You have a series of WinRar-compressed files. Use WinRar to uncompress and join them...

Comment

• Conundrum
          • Dec 2004

Hehehehe....thanks for that, but due to 'Whale Omelette' syndrome I have managed to screw up one of the files in the series and WinRar goes into a sulk when I try to uncompress them. I thought it would be a 'cunning plan' to rename a couple of these files and then try and mess about with them. Unfortunately, I now believe at least one of them is totally screwed.

I'll never make a proper pirate will I?

Thanks for responding though.

Conundrum

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks for responding though"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...