Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenchimuyo
    • Oct 2004

wmv to DVD w/ widescreen aspect

Converted WMV to DVD, but Sonic myDVD didn't keep the 16:9 aspect ratio (Sonic myDVD is not able to convert 16:9, and coverts everything to standard). I have searched all over the net for a solution. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

For alternative methods, go to:

Comment

• Mig$y
      Retired
      • Jan 2004

>kenchimuyo

Nerovision Express will let you specify aspect ratio

OT> Congrats setarip for reaching the 20,000 post mark (wow!) ..... still going strong
      Last edited by Mig$y; 12 Jan 2005, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• kenchimuyo
        • Oct 2004

I really don't mean to be a dick, but the google-advice is pretty useless.

"Hey, you know a good mechanic to fix my car"
        "Oh yeah! Try the YELLOW PAGES"
        "Um. Thanks"

I have been all over the place...ala google...and have read every faq and message board I could find that even mentioned WMV.

I tried taking the route of looking for a conversion from WMV to some other format, so that I could maybe use another program other than Sonic.

Now here's my REALLY stupid question: I have Nero6. Not just the ROM...the entire software package. What is NeroVision? I tried searching for it on the nero website and don't see it. I have opened and look through EVERY menu on Nero6 to see if there is some kind of conversion tool for different format files and can't find anything. As a matter of fact, I'm using Sonic because I couldn't find anything in Nero to help.

EDIT: Ahhhh. I got it now. I had to download the Reload update. I will try it and thanks for the advice. And even though I was being a dick, I appreciate the response about the google search...I really do. At least it's a repsonse, you know?
        Last edited by kenchimuyo; 12 Jan 2005, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Mig$y
          Retired
          • Jan 2004

http://www.nero.com/en/631898241456563.html, although Nero has a brief description of VisionExpress 2, version 3 is the latest.

If you have installed the full version of Nero 6, simply:

Start>All programs>Nero>Nero Vision Express

Or if its not installed as you do own a fully licensed version download and install update 2 from: http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up.php

I'm guessing if it doesn't show up you didn't install the whole Nero 6 package. Updates 1 & 2 are essential; 3 & 4 I'd avoid

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"And even though I was being a dick..."

;>}

Comment

Working...