X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moonrat
    • Mar 2002

Problem with Matrix

Hi,

I am new to all this so I would appreciate some help if possible.
    I have just encoded the Matrix using Flask 0.594 using DivX 3.11 Low Motion Codec at 1250kbits/sec and 128kbps Windows Media Audio V2 (I selected this because for some reason, despite installing the Nimo Codec pack, I could only get MP3 bitrates up to 32Kbps ??? - why is this?)
    Anyway after 14 hours on my ageing PC it finally completed without errors but now when I try and play the 1.07GB file in Windows Media player, or BSPlayer I get a 'division by Zero' error and the program crashes. I know the avi file isnt corrupt becuase it plays within VirtualDub (although without sound) and its properties are OK. So why doesnt it play?? I hope it is not corrupt and I have to do it all again.
    Is it that the file is too big to play in Media Player or something, in which case, how do I use VirtualDub to split it into two??
    Please help.
    Thanks
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

'division by Zero' error
    That's a very interesting error. No idea how it has come to be though.

Here's a suggestion. Open the file in virtualdub, set video to Direct Stream Copy and audio to no audio. Save the soundless video and play it. Do you get the same error? This way you can determine whether it's the video or audio that's erronous.

Post back with results.

Comment

• Moonrat
      • Mar 2002

Hi Enchanter,
      Thanks for the prompt reply.
      How do I do this? I have never used VirtualDub before..

Thanks

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Kinda hard to explain quickly. Anyway, here we go:
        1. Open AVI file
        2. Under Video tab, select Direct Stream Copy
        3. Under Audio tab, select no audio (Default would be AVI file)
        4. File -> Save as .avi and give it a name. Virtualdub will start writing a new file, this time with no sound in it
        5. Play the new file. Do you get the same error?

Comment

• Moonrat
          • Mar 2002

Thanks again
          Ok did that, its works perfectly without the sound
          I knew that Windows Media Audio would cause problems but
          I had no other choices except MPEG 32Kbps or PCM uncompressed
          What do I do know? Do I habe to do the whole film again
          or can I somehow just extract the sound and then merge them into the same file?
          If this is gonna take long, I may aswell do the whole thing again??

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Keep the soundless video and this time work on getting the audio file only.

A very easy thing to do would be to use Flask0.6's Extract Audio to Wav. feature. Graphedit will give you the best quality, but it's not really for beginners (A read of the guide is needed). Anyway, back to the Flask topic, you will get a .wav file on your harddrive (make sure you have enough space for it). Encode the wav file to MP3 using any program that is capable of MP3 encoding. LAME encoder works well for me.

When you're done, we will interleave the audio and video together using virtualdub(*) again. Write back here when you've got the MP3 file already.

*. Actually, I meant using Nandub. It's a modified version of Virtualdub, but accepts MP3 files without a complaint. Get this program as well.

Comment

• Moonrat
              • Mar 2002

ok im back
              Ive ripped out the sound from the orginal .vob files and converted the .wav file to mp3 using lame encoder... took quite a while to find this download though!
              One thing, how come the .avi file without sound is the same size as the original .avi file with compressed sound???
              Anyway I have also dloaded NanDub like you said and am ready to merge the two together with your help.

Cheers

Comment

• Moonrat
                • Mar 2002

Hi Again

Ive just figured it and done it myself and it seems to work ok now after merging the two files using NanDub!!!
                I couldnt have done it without your help so thanks Enchanter I appreciate it.

Comment

• Enchanter
                  Old member
                  • Feb 2002

It confuses me to hear that the soundless video is of the same size with the original avi file, but anyway, glad to help.

Comment

Working...