720 x 480 ( earlier was fluently and now very bad)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcjachim
    • Mar 2002

720 x 480 ( earlier was fluently and now very bad)

I have Jet-Way MB 993an (via chipset), Intel Celeron 800, Leadtek Winfast Geforce2mx 64MB TV-out, 192mb of Ram, SB Audigy...
    And at present problem with films in resolution 720 x 480. Knot in this, that these oneself films I looked earlier without problems from Win98se,GF2mx,divx 4. 11 bundle, WMP 7. 1. Now when again I installed system( again Win98 SE) spell spattered. Films show oneself with strange blots of pink, of violet, of green and in the supplement slowed down how {as} damn. Only in due measure well take on The Playa from divx 4. 11... and I would want so that took well in Cinus Player,Vplayer and others.
    I noticed, that this surely something with this with file DivXdec. ax' (But I can make a mistake ) because I exchanged him at will from different packs (Nimo Codec Pack ...) and problem of pink disappeared but liquidity remaining weak-poor, lack of synchronization of picture with sound etc
    I tried earlier versions of Div X - 4.0,3.20... and latest version Div X 5.0 pro and problem still does not give me of calm.
    My colleague possesses card Riva Tnt Pro 32MB ,Intel Pentium 500,128 of Ram,SB Live,Jet-Way MB (Surely for one model more new),Win98se and does not have of such problems
    Problem is order of installing of drivers ? Perhaps is some schema of order? For example first system, graphic card later direct x, div x, via pack 4in1, audio card ...
    Desperate Lamer asks and implores for advices!!!!!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Pretty confusing sentences, I must say. Anyway here I go:

Install VIA 4-in-1 drivers -> Service Pack (If any) -> Graphics card driver -> Any other peripheral drivers -> codec & softwares

For me, installing 3.11a and 4.x (forbidden from playing 3.11a contents) work well enough for me.

Comment

• Ndb
      • Mar 2002

Also make sure your colour depth is 24bit or 32bit when using Media Player with DivX 4.x and above. Otherwise your colours will look strange.

Comment

• Leo_C
        • Mar 2002

Sorry this is OT -
        You say set the colour depth to 24bit or 32bit -
        I have an avi using DivX 5 -
        when played back on some systems the colour is very 'posterised' - know what I mean?
        Would this be the reason?

Cheers
        Leo

Comment

• Ndb
          • Mar 2002

Yep! but only if using Windows Media Player to play them.

This does not apply to other players like The Playa etc.

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

WMp does that at times, but if you keep alternating between full screen and normal resolution, you'll find that the display is normal the other half time. Beats me why though.

Comment

• Ndb
              • Mar 2002

This also a good point of DiVX 3, as I never noticed this problem until DivX 4.x onward. This is also why I always stick 3.11 over the top of 4 etc, as it plays my older movies (plus 90% of movies out there) better than 4/5's fake 3 does.

Even when encoding in 4, I've found some movies to play ok in 16bit and some not. Mainly it's the features (smaller movies) that require 24bit etc, but not always.

And some systems I've played these movies play them better in 16bit than others. It's just &%$ confusing at times.

Comment

• Leo_C
                • Mar 2002

Thanks for the info.

Is there a way of dithering the colour info. in an AVI down to 16bit before the codec gets at it?

Leo

Comment

• Ndb
                  • Mar 2002

It's not that easy because what ever you do the codec works in 32bit (i.e. 24/32bit) colour no matter what. I tried it in Virtual Dub and all I got was errors for my troubles.

Like I said this only happens with WMP if you get BSPlayer www.bsplayer.com you can run in 16bit and the movies will look fine.

I use BSPlayer all the time as it is the fastest/smallest one out there (for me anyway).

It does great things:

Different screen res for full screen (i.e. switch to 640x480 or 800x600 for full screen etc)

Remembers individual settings for each movie you play.

Easy setup of post processing for DivX 3 and 4 etc.

The list is endless (and then some)

I hope this helps you out

Comment

• Leo_C
                    • Mar 2002

Cheers man - thats a nice player. And it seems to 'fix' WMP.. Odd.

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

Leo

Comment

• Ndb
                      • Mar 2002

My Pleasure

Comment

Working...