Watching movies through tv-out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kames

Watching movies through tv-out?

I try to watch downloaded movies from TV, but signal in TV goes over the "boarders" of TV. So how can I get it adjusted so that it fits to TV?

Sorry about my english...
  • Experi-Mentor
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2004

what movie(s), & what format are they ?

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

I'd try looking under 'Display Properties' at your secondary display screen resolution mebbe
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Kames

Formats are Avi & mpeg. If I play games through tv-out everything seems to be OK but not if I watch movies. Is there any program or player where is possible to match the resolution to TV? I tried to change my resolution in display propereties but it doesn´t effect in TV.

In very outta of ideas right now.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

It is possible to adjust (to a certain extent) the size of the picture on the TV via the Advanced Display settings. Out of curiosity, is your video card ATI- or nVidia-based?

Cheers!

Comment

• Kames

My card is Radeon 9200 ATI. Games I play does automatically the adjusting but for example BSPlayer does not. The size is just too big for my TV and I can move the movie/desktop with mouse from side to side.

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Under Advanced Display Setting, go to the Overlay tab and ensure that Theatre mode is on/enabled. In addition, go to Displays tab -> TV settings, and make sure the option Overscan is ticked off (the name might differ as I'm only recalling from memory).

Regards.

Comment

• Kames

No good this far...
                Is there any other good divx-players than BSPlayer? I tried to watch movies with some DVD-players and the picture in TV was automatically OK, but I couldn´t have subtitles turned on.

By the way....thanks a LOT to all of you who have tried to help!!

Comment

• vance43211
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Kames
                  Formats are Avi & mpeg. If I play games through tv-out everything seems to be OK but not if I watch movies. Is there any program or player where is possible to match the resolution to TV? I tried to change my resolution in display propereties but it doesn´t effect in TV.

In very outta of ideas right now.
                  Get you a hardward dvd decorder card. I have a nvidia tv out video card. I never use the TV out function. video cards do not correctly decode the information

I also have a netstream 2000 realmagic dvd decoder (retail $300, but sell on ebay for $15 to $30) on the same computer that I use to watch all my mpeg and dvd files on my computer to my tv. that card makes dvds on my 50 inch regular big screen tv look like HDTV. I don't use my stand alone dvd players anymore
                  Last edited by vance43211; 22 Mar 2005, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• sfheath
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Kames
                    My card is Radeon 9200 ATI . . . . and I can move the movie/desktop with mouse from side to side.
                    Have you found the properties page that has display and desktop/canvas/whatever sizes and matched them?

Comment

• Kames

I downloaded Crystal Player and it is ok now. I don´t know what was wrong with BSPlayer but now I know that I don´t need that program anymore....

Comment

• sfheath
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Sep 2003

Glad you're sorted
                        A curious problem!

Comment

Working...