Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmac50
    • Mar 2005

problems with NEC NR-7900A

I have a NEC NR-7900A drive but it doesn't seem to work with new disks I got recently. These are Recordable (write once) single sided DVD 4.7GB. For use in DVD+RW video recorders and DVD+RW data drives (Computer use). I keep on getting the error medium not present. What am I doing wrong or what piece of equipment should I have?
    Thank you.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Re: problems with NEC NR-7900A

Originally posted by cmac50
    I have a NEC NR-7900A drive but it doesn't seem to work with new disks I got recently. These are Recordable (write once) single sided DVD 4.7GB. For use in DVD+RW video recorders and DVD+RW data drives (Computer use). I keep on getting the error medium not present. What am I doing wrong or what piece of equipment should I have?
    Thank you.
    Is the 7900A capable of writing DVD's? By looking at Google quickly it is a CD-RW

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your DVD burner, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by setarip
        To determine the capabilities/limitations of your DVD burner, as well as media compatibility, go to:

www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdwriters
        Very handy if he/she had a DVD writer.....

> cmac50

Please amend your signature as it is a form of spamming which is not tolerated on these forums. Thanks

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mig$y
          Very handy if he/she had a DVD writer.....

Comment

• cmac50
            • Mar 2005

Thanks to all who replied. How silly can one be when it comes to computer stuff - looks like I wasted my money on buying the wrong medium. Should have CDs - not DVDs

Sorry about the sig. I have got what I wanted from the forum and thread will now be deleted so not to worry any more on that score.

Happy Easter and God Bless.

Comment

• Mig$y
              Retired
              • Jan 2004

Glad you sorted it.

Happy Easter to you too

Comment

Working...