making a menu? and extracting a short clip?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwailoh
    • May 2005

making a menu? and extracting a short clip?

I have a video (of martial-arts fights) that was ripped to a DVD, which i have. I also used DVD-decryptor to create an ISO image of it on my hard-drive.

What i want to do is:

1. create a simple menu so that i can go directly to the various matches. (then of course i will burn a 'new improved' DVD containing the menu)

2. extract a short portion of the video and convert it to AVI or MPG for easy posting to a website. I downloaded the 'dvd-to-avi' program, but it wants to do the whole thing, it doesn't seem to let me select short clips.

software i currently have: DVDShrink, DVD decryptor, virtualdub, Powerproducer Gold, NTI CD & DVD Maker Gold, dvdtoavi.

How do i do these things? Do i need different software? Thanks very much people!
  • gwailoh
    • May 2005

oddly enough i've had 2 alerts sent to me notifying me of replies to this query. yet now i can see nothing but my original question. what's up?

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"1. create a simple menu so that i can go directly to the various matches. (then of course i will burn a 'new improved' DVD containing the menu)"

Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author"

You can obtain a FULLY functional free 30 day trial version of this commercial program at:

TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies

Comment

• gwailoh
        • May 2005

thanks very much Setarip! I appreciate it. Will it also allow me to extract a brief segment (eg. 3 minutes) from the dvd, and convert it to avi?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"thanks very much Setarip!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

to gwailoh

"Will it also allow me to extract a brief segment (eg. 3 minutes) from the dvd, and convert it to avi?"

you'll need something else for this
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...