X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nico-san
    • May 2005

In-Depth research on any aspect of digital video

Hi there,

I am a german creative-media-student and I would be very grateful if somebody can help me with finding a theme to base my dissertation on. I have less than one week left (deadline ends next saturday, the 14. May), to hand in my theme and still got no real inspiration, what to write about. The problem is: I basicly want to write about a technical aspect of digital video, but whatever I decide on, I find thousands of websites, examining that aspect already. Whether it is a comparison between two codecs or a research on hardware... seems like evereything is already there!

The general topic is media-production (quite a big field) and I personally would like to write about something new, in the field of video-production, so far not completely examined but yet interesting enough to spend 6 months of work for it. And of course there have to be some sources where I can gather my information.

I would like to contribute something to the world of media with my work. I don't focus only on my degree, the theme should be interesting enough to be published in the end. In another words: Imagine you can give order to somebody to do an in-depth research for you, what would you like to read about? What would you like to know?

If somebody can help me with that, it would be really great!!

Many thanks in advance for all responses!
  • Experi-Mentor
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2004

welcome to the forum

secrets/hints/tips etc. (?) what do you think ? most people like to know & advance themselves in these fields. it would be interesting

hope this helps :

Comment

• nico-san
      • May 2005

Hi Experi-Mentor,

thanks for the reply. The field of secrets/ hints/ tips etc. is quite open. My work should somehow circle about one concrete aspect (e.g. the comparison of two editing softwares, codecs, ...etc.). But nevertheless it is interesting indeed and I will think about how to word a theme from that...

That link doesn't help, it is an article about how to teach video to kids/ students.

Greetz,

Nico-San

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2004

i should have been more clear .... the link was a seperate alternative to the hints/tips ... just thought that you could also look into the educational aspect side of media

cheers & best wishes with your project

Comment

Working...