X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • callig
    • May 2005

Fixing audio with virtualdub

Hi
    I had two avi clips that I could not join because the audio had improper VBR encoding,The way I fixed it was to set the Video to Direct Stream Copy and Audio to Full Processing Mode
    The trouble is that after fixing the clips with virtualdub they are now twice as big as before,Is there any way to fix the audio without the file size ballooning like this

Thanks for any suggestions!

callig
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

No.....well, yes, but...
    If you save out the audio separately, as .wav. Join the audio in something like Goldwave, save as .wav again. Transcode to mp2 or AC3 in ffmpeggui.
    Save out the joined video.
    Load the video in virtualdubmod (not regular vdub), load the audio, then remux and resave using a compression codec.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To callig

"The trouble is that after fixing the clips with virtualdub they are now twice as big as before,Is there any way to fix the audio without the file size ballooning like this"

Sure. The filesize increased because you converted the audiostream to Uncompressed PCM (.WAV) format.

Now, simply load this new file into VirtualDub, set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy" and set "Audio" "Compression" to "MPEG1-Layer 3 (".MP3") - Choose from within the .MP3 settings that are at the same frequency (either 44,100Hz or 48,000Hz) as the present audiostream. Then save with a new filename...

Comment

Working...