X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

Actually capturing with a hardware card, such as the hauppauge PVR ones, does yield excellent results, with the right settings.
    Capturing with a TBC, such as the canopus ADVC-110, to DV-AVI, and then encoding, can give equally good results, at the expense of time.
    To paraphrase what howndawg said, "you get what you pay for".
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• mjsbone
      • Jun 2005

Reboot, I know you said that a TBC would beat the Macrovision, but I wanted to double check before I bought one that the Canopus ADVC-110 would do that and that it is good. Is that a good one to use, and is it pretty easy to hook up and get working?

Comment

• reboot
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2004

It's very simple to hook up, however, you will need a hack for it to defeat macrovision.
        With a Hauppauge card, they simply ignore macrovision.
        Some TBC's can do it "out of the box"...I think the Datavideo TBC-1000 (but it's quite a bit more money), or you can purchase something like this: http://www.simacorp.com/

Comment

• mjsbone
          • Jun 2005

Reboot, I have two questions

1)I have the GoDVD! Model CT-2 from Simacorp, and I was wondering if that will beat the Macrovision if I hook it up?

2)Where can I find the hack for the Canopus ADVC-110 that you mentioned?

Again, I just want to thank you for all your help...it's nice to know there are still people in the world who won't ignore a newbie like me

Comment

• reboot
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Apr 2004

I believe the GoDVD will ignore macrovision. Don't quote me though. Try it and see.
            The canopus hack is somewhere on the afterdawn site...and possibly doom9, as well as here. I'm sure someone will be along with more info on that.

Glad to help
            (We were all newbie's at one time, even if most of us will never admit it!)

Comment

Working...