X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • You Knows It
    • Jun 2005

I need help adding subtitles to a video

Hi people,

This is my first post and I was wondering if anybody could help this novice/idiot to add English subtitles to a French film, it's .avi (Divx) file. I am drowning in a sea of technical jargon and help manuals that I have little or no comprehension of. I am a total novice when it comes to editing video. My knowledge goes as far as a basic understanding of the file types and the players/codecs that are needed to play them. Other than that, treat me as an idiot. I would be grateful of any help. The film is La Haine, btw.

Thanks

Dave (YKI)
  • You Knows It
    • Jun 2005

I figured out how to do it. If anybody needs to add subs to a foreign film in the easiest manner possible, here is how.

1. Download the .srt file for the film you want to watch. The .srt is the subtitles.

2. Download BSplayer if you don't already have it.

3. Open the film you want to watch

4. BSPlayer has an option to load the subtitles, so open the .srt file you downloaded and then you're away.

The site to search for the subtitles is this:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

congratulations!
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...