X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rugcoon
    • Jul 2005

Edited AVI to digital video camera drops frames

Hopefully someone can help.
    I have edited a video using Adobe Premiere and am trying to export the video to a digital video camera and then onto VHS.
    Somewhere along the way it appears some frames have dropped, as when I play back the VHS tape audio drops out and the image doesnt run smoothly in places.
    Any suggestions would be great.
    Let me know if you need further details.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

not sure about that one but if I had the video on my hard drive I would definitely pit it on a dvd. Better quality, longer lasting and blank dvd's are cheaper than vhs tapes.

Comment

• rugcoon
      • Jul 2005

I agree the problem is I dont have a DVD burner, not yet anyway, and need to get it on some kind of media.
      Could it be something to do with the sound quality? I haven't compressed the audio at all when exporting.
      I really have no idea but thanks for the reply.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I have edited a video using Adobe Premiere and am trying to export the video to a digital video camera and then onto VHS."

1) Just curious to know if there's some reason you can't go directly from your PC to VHs

2) A forty dollar or so investment in a DVD burner would really be worth your while...

Comment

• rugcoon
          • Jul 2005

I have tried in the past to go direct to VHS using the 'print to video' option but had some troubles, will look at it again.

But i think the answer is obvious get a DVD burner, so I will horray for me.
          thanks for the replies

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"thanks for the replies"

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...