Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ogren
    • Aug 2005

DV widescreen problem

I have recorded 16:9 PAL using Sony DCR-HC90 and captures that to my computer using a 16:9 project in Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. I have exported the movie to .avi files using both DV and mpeg4 (XviD) compression formats. I have set the exporter to 16:9 format.

After the files have been created, if I check the files' properties in Premiere Pro, it says 720x576 25 fps and pixel ratio is 1:1422 for both files (which I guess means that the pixels should not be considered quadratic). Gspot says 720x576 (5:4). But if I view the movies in Windows Media Player or Mplayer, they are shown in 4:3 proportions. Do anyone know where the error is, in Premiere Pro or in both Media Player and Mplayer?

In addition, I can se disturbing interlaced "artifacts". Everything that moves in the movie looks "striped". I guess this is a result from recording in 50 Hz interlaced and converting to progressive 25 Hz. What should I do to get rid of the problem?
  • ashes
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Aug 2005

Hi!

they are shown in 4:3 proportions. Do anyone know where the error is, in Premiere Pro or in both Media Player and Mplayer?
    I think Premiere Pro, just like the similar WinDVD product, limits output to 4:3.

Comment

Working...