Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EatMoreChicken
    • Mar 2002

Newbie, problems w/ BSplayer

I have a few movies I can't seem to play w/ BSplayer, but will play on Divx Playa 2.0 alpha. I use BSplayer b/c it fixed the audio sync problem last time and also b/c it uses less resources.

One one movie I get "Overlay failed" then only hear audio.

On the second movie I get "Unknown format DIVX" then nothing appears.

I have a Celeron 300 w/ 192mb RAM and 8mb video card. I have Windows Media Player 6.4 installed, but uninstalled 7.1. I've installed every codec I could find.
    Divx 3.11 alpha
    Divx 4.12
    Divx 4a48
    Divx 5.0 bundle
    AngelPotion
    Angel Potion
    Dixv Scene detection
    Windows Media Player Codecs 8

I also reinstalled BSplayer and the Divx 5.0 Bundle, and all the codecs, but nothings worked. Is there an order I should install the codecs in? Is there such thing as too many codecs?

thanks in advance!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Do these problematic videos play properly under Windows Media Player v.6.4? If so, I'd suggest that you stick with that as your primary player...

Comment

• EatMoreChicken
      • Mar 2002

Thanks for the response. Unfornately, WMP 6.4 doesn't work on either of these files.

In the first movie where I don't get video on BSplayer "overlay failed", I get a gray screen on wmp.

On the movie that BSplayer didn't recognize ie "Unknown format DIVX", WMP says "No combination of filters could be found to render the stream."

Both of these files sort of work on Playa. So am I missing a codec or file, or are these movies corrupted?

Comment

Working...