Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirdydimos
    • Mar 2002

ts files?

Can someone tell me what is needed (codecs) to play an avi which has "ts" in the filename. When i play it through mediaplayer it tries to download the correct codec but it doesnt work and it just plays the audio track of the file. Please help me with this, i have a number of files which i've been having this problem with. Thanks in advance
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Open the file in Virtualdub and File -> File Information. There you will find an extensive information regarding the movie file. Post them here and we will see what we can do.

Comment

• Ndb
      • Mar 2002

It could also be something like the like TechSmith codec which can be found here, but I doubt it.

Comment

• sirdydimos
        • Mar 2002

thanks so much for your help. Here's what it says under virtuadub:
        Frame size: 352x288,20.000fps
        #of frames: 83349
        Decompressor: DIVXMPEG - 4 Low Motion
        Key FRames: 834

and the audio compression is:
        Fraunhoffer IIS MPEG3codec

Thanks a lot, as you can see i dont know too much

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

You need the DivX v.3.11alpha codec... (The ".ts" is irrelevant. Make certain that the last part of the entire filename is ".AVI".)

Comment

• sirdydimos
            • Mar 2002

i have the 3.11 divx codec, when i used virtua dub it played the files. Could it be my mediaplayer, i'm using version 6.4.05.0809?
            I'm sure it's something simple that i'm just overlooking. Thanks very much for the very quick replies, this site is excellent.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"Could it be my mediaplayer, i'm using version 6.4.05.0809?"

Nope. that should be ideal (That's the version I continue to use).

When you play the file under VirtualDub does it play audio? if not, you've probably somehow inadvertently uninstalled the Radium MP3 audio codec that's installed as part of the DivX v.3.11alpha codec.

Other than the DivX 3.11 video codec and an MP3 audio codec, there are no other codecs required to play this file.

Just curious - what O/S are you running?

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

Have you got WMP7 installed? I had a similar problem and nothing I did would solve it. That is until I installed this player. Queer, isn't it?

p.s. You can continue using WMP6.4 as it is not erased by WMP7 installation.

Comment

• sirdydimos
                  • Mar 2002

i'm running windows 98, and the audio worked fine under virtuadub.
                  Is there another player i could try other than mediaplayer, or should i not bother messing around with other players and take a chance at screwing up what odes work.

p.s. i've played a number of other divx files with no trouble, its just these couple with the ts in their name
                  { (movie title) ts 1of2.avi }
                  and a friend of mine has had the same trouble with these "ts files"
                  thanks again

Comment

• Ndb
                    • Mar 2002

BSPlayer www.bsplayer.org is a very good player.

Comment

• Ndb
                      • Mar 2002

Solved to problems with ts divx movies (downloaded a couple to test).

Open the movies in Virtual Dub and set audio and video to <b>direct stream copy</b>. Then just <b>save as avi</b> and all will work fine (i.e. no more can't find codec).

It works on all the movies that go looking for MS Mpeg4 codec.

Comment

Working...