Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donlysnk
    • Aug 2005

Help: joining then burning split Divx w/ AC3 to DVD after resampling audio

Hi, I am really new to burning DVDs. Not saying that I think I'm gonna have much trouble but its just that I just bought my first DVD burner yesterday and need some help getting started. So heres something I need help with:

I have a movie in DivX format with AC3 5.1 surround sound. The movie is split into two 700MB AVI files. The video stream is set to 25 fps. The 25 fps I know for a fact should be 23.976 fps because of the audio being slightly a higer pitch than normal. The running time for the movie is about 2 hours and 13 minutes. (that is at 25fps, it would be slightly longer after stretching it out to 23.976 fps)

Heres what I want to get done: I want to join the files together and burn the movie to DVD and keep the 5.1 audio intact all while playing at 23.976 fps.

I want to know what would be the best programs I should download to help me get this done and also maybe a quick how-to if you think I may have trouble on something.

Another question I have is about the total running time vs the amount of space available on the disk. I have a 120 minute 4.7 GB DVD+R right now. I was wondering if this movie would fit if maybe I overburned it to the disk. If it won't fit, just tell me and I will go and buy a double layer disk with no problem. I want to have the movie burned with no compromise to the quality.

Thanks in advance for your help! (And sorry if this topic was in any way already covered bc I tried my hardest to find a solution to this prob on my own without asking but I could find none)
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

a few guides popped up in a quick google search:

This is an Advanced guide to using TMPGEnc. With this guide you will learn how to use the main area's of the program and useful features that have been added to it that can come in handy sometimes. Along with just being able to encode to MPEG files (VCD/S

"What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• donlysnk
      • Aug 2005

Thanks, everything helps except for when i need to resample the audio to have the video play at 23.976 fps. I can change the frame rate to 23.976 fps but I don't know how to resample the audio to sync with it.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

use a program called "besweet"
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• donlysnk
          • Aug 2005

Oh, ok. I had downloaded the program because the first link you posted had it in the list of required program downloads for the guide but never mentioned it anywhere else except to use it for mp3 conversion or something so i didn't even bother opening it to see what it did. Stupid me

Thanks

Comment

• tigerman8u
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2003

do yourself a favor and get the the gui for besweet called belight. very easy to use and comes with most standard presets for most all conversion types

Comment

Working...