Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bendajo
    • Mar 2002

Poor Audio

I downloaded DivX5.0 the other day and tried to play a movie that I recently downloaded however, there was no sound. So I went through the forum for some suggestions. Since then I've downloaded Nimo, Ace, Virtual Dub, and even some different movies... I now have sound to the movies, but its only the background sound that is clear - the voices are distorted and very quite. Any possible suggestions
    Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You never know what quality you'll get when you download, rather than create your own, video. if you've now got both sound and video, but the audio is poor quality, that's probably the result of a poor original creation of the video.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

A check of the audio properties (under WMP6.4) will give a more definite description of the audio properties and quality.

Comment

• Bendajo
        • Mar 2002

Thanks guys for the comments/suggestions. I'm super busy this week, but I'm going to play around this weekend. What are some reliable places to get movies? Are they free? Anyways, thanks again.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

If you download your movies, then yes. The most (if not all) of them are free.

mIRC would be the perfect place to get movies from, provided you know which servers and channels to go to. Otherwise, most file-sharing programs should fulfill your needs too.

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

You may consider uninstalling divx 5.0 as it has compatibility issues that have yet to be adressed. If your movies worked fine previously, then divx 5.0 could be the source of your problems. I would recommend reverting to divx 3.11 alpha (as most movies are encoded in this format).

Comment

Working...