Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mick6868
    • Sep 2005

wide screen

Hi yes i am a newbie so the solution may be easy but i can't find the answer anywhere each time i copy a film it copies fine but play back is in widescreen format is there any way to stop this happening any help always appreciated cheers Mick.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum mick6868!

Some DVD's have only "Widescreen" aspect ratio.

Are you playing these DVD's on your computer or TV?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

widescreen should be law in my opinion
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

My mother hates ""Widescreen"!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

my cousin is the same way, he zooms the movie to fit his tv, it gets me so mad i can't watch it---seriously.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• mick6868
            • Sep 2005

cheers

Hi thanks for your reply i am playing these films on my tv so i can adjust the picture just wondered if i could somehow copy them without them being in widescreen cheers mick.

Comment

• mick6868
              • Sep 2005

how many legs does the elephant have more each time i look just finished work 5 in the morning need to have a look when i'm awake cheers mick.

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

Sometimes you can use the "Zoom" feature on your DVD player to get rid of the black bars but, it may cause the picture to not fit correctly.

Only way is if the DVD contains both "Full Screen" and "Widescreen".

Comment

• 2COOL
                  Kamen Moderator V3
                  • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by mick6868
                  Hi yes i am a newbie so the solution may be easy but i can't find the answer anywhere each time i copy a film it copies fine but play back is in widescreen format is there any way to stop this happening any help always appreciated cheers Mick.
                  You can set your movie's video attribute to auto pan&scan. Keep in mind that your widescreen's display will have the left and right sides cutted off and you will lose alot of important side actions.

Here's how to do it. Open up your movie's IFO in IfoEdit. Double click on your 16:9 video attributes in VTS Overview.

Just have this checked only. So, if you play your 16:9 video on a 4:3 TV, the sides will be removed. If you play it on a 16:9, you'll get the widescreen version.

Press OK and save.

The disclaimer on this is that this affects all PGCs in this IFO. If you want to know more about Pan&scan format, do a Google search. I'm sure there is alot of examples out there.
                  Last edited by 2COOL; 22 Sep 2005, 04:25 AM.
                  2CL C Henshin!
                  If you got a dollar for everytime someone called you ugly, you'd be a millionaire...an "ugly" millionaire.±

Comment

• mick6868
                    • Sep 2005

hi thanks for that i will give it a try cheers mick.

Comment

• SmegmaRice
                      • Jul 2005

Why are there black bars on the top and bottom of widescreen movies???
                      I'm kidding..my mother in law thought the movie was cut off once when they saw the black lines and they watched the movie zoomed in..it was too funny.

Comment

Working...