Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teepee
    • Aug 2005

TMPGenc read error

I have a long movie (2h17m) that I want to recode so it will fit on a single dvd.

the original mpeg came from a digital tv card (DVB). It weighs in at only 2.68G, something I'm curious about, I'd expect it to be larger than that somehow.

It's been cleaned up (twice) in videoredo and then put through TMPGenc v3.0 (2 attempts) to create a DVD PAL mpeg with a bitrate of 3900, According to TMPGenc's calculations this will give me a file of 4.2G that will fit on a single DVD as a DVD-ROM movie.

Unfortunately I never got that file becuase mid-encode I get this error message instead:

read error occured at address 04420941 of module "sfmpgdec.dll" with 6A71803D.

Is this down to a dodgy original file or just dodgy methods?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

it is possible it's the file itself. do you have directshow reader raised in environmental settings?

see here:
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• teepee
      • Aug 2005

I do have d/show readser enabled. The file always crashes in the same place so it does look like a bad section. That articles last resort tactic was to chop the offending frames out in a cut and merge. It's a solution. Thanks for the url.

I don't mind so much as long as it was a file error and not a me error.

Oh, just one last question...
      Last edited by teepee; 6 Oct 2005, 02:16 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

"That articles last resort tactic was to chop the offending frames out in a cut and merge. It's a solution. Thanks for the url"

yw,it's an excellent solution, one i use myself as last resort. so i think almost certainly it is the file.

did you mean ..."just one more thing"?
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• teepee
          • Aug 2005

Nicely done Lt..

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

"Nicely done Lt.."

Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...