X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenda4
    • Mar 2005

No audio using Tmpgenc

Hi,

I tried to edit an mpeg-1 file using Tmpgenc and my edited file does not play any audio just video. I went to File => MPEG tools. When I loaded my file and finished editing (took out the commercials) using the in and out brackets, I selected MPEG-1 Video CD and hit 'Run'. When it was finished, and I tried playing the file using InterVideo 4 and Windows Media Player Classic, the file played with no audio, just video. What's wrong??

Thanks,

greenda4
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

these are stll those captures from a while ago?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• greenda4
      • Mar 2005

Yep...I thought you left me Columbo. I didn't get a reply to my last post in the 'Nero Recode' Forum, so I thought I would post this problem in a different forum.

greenda4

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

i'm thinking it must be your captured mpeg's. these are standard mpg-1 form? anyway you can post file info from virtualdubmod?

like i said before tmpgenc has no trouble with standard mpg captures...
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• greenda4
          • Mar 2005

I opened the file using VirtualDb 1.5 then went to File => File Information and the top of the window says 'MPEG-2 info', so I'm guessing that the file is really an MPEG-2 file right?? Therefore, I would ask, is there a way that I can convert my mpeg-2 file to an mpeg-1 file, so that I can use the TMPGenc program correctly??

Thanks,

greenda4

Comment

• benbryant
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Aug 2005

If you already have a mpeg-2 file and TMPGEnc. Why do you need to convert your mpeg-2 file to mpeg-1 so you can use TMPGEnc correctly? TMPGEnc can help you encode dirrectly your mpeg-2 to mpeg-1 and vice versa

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

ok, well you originaly said these were mpeg-1. now we are getting somewhere. instead of selecting mpeg-1 videoCD in tmpgenc select

"mpeg-2 program (VBR), it's the second from the bottom i believe. use the same methods as before for the editing.

report back and see how that goes
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• greenda4
                • Mar 2005

When I select 'MPEG-2 VBR' and I hit 'Run', I get a message telling me that my trial version has expired. I guess the trial version will only let me edit MPEG-1 and not MPEG-2. So if Iwant to continue to use this freeware program can I convert the MPEG-2 to MPEG-1then edit the file?? If so, howcan I convert the file??

Thanks,

greenda4

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

"When I select 'MPEG-2 VBR' and I hit 'Run', I get a message telling me that my trial version has expired. I guess the trial version will only let me edit MPEG-1 and not MPEG-2. So if Iwant to continue to use this freeware program can I convert the MPEG-2 to MPEG-1then edit the file?? If so, howcan I convert the file??"

yes that's right, you have the trial version only....use the VCD NTSC template (not ntsc film) to encode back to mpeg-1 if you wish, then you can edit it after. follow this guide:

Last edited by LT. Columbo; 7 Oct 2005, 01:56 PM.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• greenda4
                    • Mar 2005

I struck out again...I loaded the MPEG2 Plugin and then tried to open my MPEG2 file using TMPGenc andI got an error messsage saying 'file unsupported'. Lost agin.....

greenda4

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

do you have a lot of codecs on your system that could be causing a conflict here? there should be no trouble loading

directshowfilter still highest priority?
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• greenda4
                        • Mar 2005

I might have a lot of codecs on my computer, but directshow is at the top on the priority list with a value of 2.

greenda4

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

"I might have a lot of codecs on my computer, but directshow is at the top on the priority list with a value of 2."

ok, leave that as is. try to get rid of some codecs you don't need, play around and install/un-install some. then go back to tmpgenc.things like this are all to common when to many codecs are on one system.
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• greenda4
                            • Mar 2005

The only codec I found on the machine was called 'avicodec' and I uninstalled it. However, that doesn't fix my problem. I found a freeware program that converts MPEG-2 to MPEG-1 called 'AVS Video Converter', but on the trial versions, it puts an AD on it. o you know of any freeware converters that don't have ADs?? Or another way around my problem??

Thanks,

greenda4

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

"o you know of any freeware converters that don't have ADs?? "

not at the moment...it must be a codec issue.
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...