Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chelly
    • Mar 2002

tmpg help plz.

hi after ive dwnloaded a clip in avi do i go straight to tmpg and how long should it take to encode say 1 half of say 50min clip and what r the settings that you use i tried many with varied results not happy with any at the mo im going straight to tmpg then load file then load template vcd pal then just change to 4.3 pal custom
    352x288 -quality normal then start is this the right way to do it or am i going wrong tried vcd help doesnt really help me out much obliged for some replys thanks chelly.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

I think you're doing it right. The time required to encode to mpeg depends on your system's specifications.

Comment

• Googlioboy
      • Feb 2002

You should try to edit your avi's in Premiere. Then get a framserver (e-mail me, and I'll tell you where to get it), and frameserve directly to TMPGenc. The way it works, is the framserver creates a temporary .avi filw where it stores your file from the Premiere timeline. The you can pick the temp file as the file to use in TMPGenc. It works really great!

Comment

• johnbmx4christ
        • Nov 2001

to chelly..batman knows more than me..he is right..except for me if i was you i change the dropdown menu from "normal" to "highest quality"..it takes alot longer though.and you said 1/2 of a 50 min clip? 25 mins? on my slow system amdk-6 533mhz that would take about 10 hours..so if your system is faster than mine it would not take as long.
        to :Googlioboy..where does it say that chelly made a vid in premier to framserve from?it says chelly "downloaded" it.
        john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

• chelly
          • Mar 2002

thanks for replying so do i have to frameserve or not and if i do what r the benefits -that frameserving sounds a bit complicated but so was tmpg but learning every day thanks chelly.

Comment

• johnbmx4christ
            • Nov 2001

a frameserver acts as a bridge between tmpg and whatever program that is making the avi file..in your case it says you downloaded the file.so a framserver does you no good..it is for if you rip a dvd and use dvd 2 avi after ripping...or..you create an avi in premier..instead of exporting from premier as avi and then encoding with tmpg you would simply frameserve from premier and at the same time it is rendering it is really going across the bridge into tmpg and making an mpeg.(confused yet) it easier than i can really explain it.
            john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

Working...