Have you used an NTSC VCR to backup PAL VHS tapes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • koo9
    • Oct 2005

Have you used an NTSC VCR to backup PAL VHS tapes?

Does it work? I have a Panasonic NTSC digital Palmcorder DV400D and would like to use it as a buffer between a PAL VHS player and my PC to transfer some very old tapes to DVD. Any thoughts would be welcome.
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

well its like trial and run kinda thing, dont think much help could be done, u can try hooking it and see if u get color video on ur pc, if ur camera can passthrough. if not it wont work.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• koo9
      • Oct 2005

Thank you for the reply. I figured that was the situation but was trying to avoid buying the necessary cables. That will be my next step and I will report back once I have tried it.

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

ur welcome.. lets hope it worked out for U.

Comment

• koo9
          • Oct 2005

Well it doesn't work with that rig. DVD Workshop reports problems with frame size and transfer data so it looks like a dedicated converter is the route. Ah well, worth a try. Psst, anyone want a cheap cable???

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

sorry it didnt worked out for U, what u can do is get a cheap analog capture card, usually a better tv tuner will give u that too. that way u will get to capture correctly, with out puting ur NTSC camera inbetween. it may also save u frm selling ur new cables

Comment

Working...