Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • des-theman
    • Oct 2005

closed post/ thread: imgburn error

if your question has been answered, how do you close that thread and start a new one.
    does any one know if this is a good or bad disc, IDRODISC-R03-03.
    I couldn't find it in the media quality guide. Imgburn could not verify the copy. Said, failed to verify sector 0: unknown CRC or ECC error, operation failed after 3 minutes.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

you don't close it, when your done with a thread and want to move to an entirely different topic, you start a new thread. the old one will sink into the abyss of the forum for others to look back on at some time or another.

PRODISC--100% garbage, i've tried them too in the past. if your already having problems, throw them all in the bush and get something good like sony or verbatim. even better see what media your player(s) and writer prefer. one way is at videohelp.com under "dvd writers" and "dvd players"
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

According to the digitalfaq page here updated Sept '05. They are a 2nd class media with a 80-95% success rate. Of course this depends on how well any burner likes the media and how the fw write strategy handles it. I've had a good experience using them in my standalone recorder that had a LiteOn ddw-451s burner in it. Here is the info for the Prodisc's I used

MEMOREX 8X DVD-R
      Disc Type DVD-R
      Book Type DVD-R
      Manufacturer Prodisc Technology Inc.
      Media ID ProdiscF01
      Protection System None
      Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
      Capacity 4.38 GB
      Free Size 4.35 GB
      Free Blocks 2282000
      Number of Layers 1
      Linear Density 0.267 um/bit
      Track Density 0.74 um/track
      Maximum Read Speed 3.2x
      Maximum Write Speed 8.0x
      Current Write Speed 8.0x CLV
      Write Speed Performance Descriptor 1 8.0x CLV
      Write Speed Performance Descriptor 2 6.0x CLV
      Write Speed Performance Descriptor 3 4.0x CLV
      Write Speed Performance Descriptor 4 2.0x CLV

Comment

• des-theman
        • Oct 2005

thanks JM and LT... will stay well clear of these. they were cheap, thought i'd give them a try, even though they were not on burner recommended list.
        I have some verbatim +R, which are recommended.
        PS, if i continue using the 'PRODISC', will they have any detremental effect on my burner?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

PS, if i continue using the 'PRODISC', will they have any detremental effect on my burner?
          none.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...