• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irishboy
    it's me!
    • Nov 2005

System tray icon - how to remove?

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed DivX because realplayer complained that it needed the plugin to play a film trailer.

Now the DivX icon is in my system tray and I want to remove it. I have way too much in my system tray already.

I don't want to get into the whole digital video thing just yet, I just want to play trailers for flicks I MIGHT want to see.

Mairhtin

P.S. can you email me at flood AT techsolutionsgroupllc DOT com ?
    Last edited by blutach; 23 Nov 2005, 08:37 AM.
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Search the options by right-clicking on the icon or whatever. Or, if you use XP, then just right click on the taskbar, and say Customize, and tell it to Always Hide the DivX icon.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• benbryant
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Aug 2005

Hi irishboy,

Do you want just hide the icons on your taskbar or stop some unnecessary programs from loading and running upon startup. These programs just loads automatically themselves and use up your PC memory for nothing. There is a free wonderful tool called Startup Control Panel which you can disable to stop these programs from running behind the screen. By doing that, you'll see a big difference in your PC performance

Regards

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

irishboy, i'm sure there's a setting to disable divx running at startup. but if you want to get rid of it manually,

click start-->run , type in "msconfig" without the quotes, then click OK

click the 'startup' tab, untick divx, and restart. it won't be there anymore

you can do this with any programs you wish...
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...