Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • viki
    • Oct 2005

Help on editing SWF files

I see that the issue on editing flash(swf) files is rarely discussed, if I'm wrong please correct me. it seems that the format is not as dynamic as others. I'm asking because I'd like to remove a banner on the top of the Flash Movie created with kibisis. Does anyone has some recommendations for free/trial de-logo filters or whatever it is called?

I have to mention also that my purpose in using kibisis, is the perk of adding a link to the video. so I'd like to know if it's the only application able to do that.

• j1mmy
    • Nov 2005

Well the reason it's "not as dynamic" is because flash isn't a video format as such, it's actually a binary file which contains information on where various shapes on the screen appear, like inside it will have "rectangle at x,y coords" compared to video which just has an image of each frame (well it's a bit more complicated than that but I digress). Editing out the logo out the orginal file will be an almost impossible task, as SWFs are actually a compiled format of the original data (FLA files), which are edited with Macromedia Flash. I've never used this Kibisis program though.

The only solution would be to convert the Flash to an AVI with SWF2AVI or one of the various commerical programs out there (e.g. ADShareIT) then use Virtual Dub (http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net) with it's logo filter (i think it has one) to get rid of it. Not great if you want to distribute this online, I think you'll just have to buy Kibisis.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

Hmmm. I got swf2avi, and it gives me errors about compressed files. How do I figure out the dimensions and framerate of it? Or do I just guess?
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• viki
        • Oct 2005

hello guys, I'm back after long time of leaving my first post. I hope you can continue commenting on a new found issue encountered with kibisis's functionality:

I notice that with the added link on the video (advanced settings), the resulting flash plays at slow speed in contrast to the audio. This does not happen when I omit the link. Is this the normal scenario in every video to flash software?

Will I get better results editing swf with macromedia flash instead?
        And, Given that is more complete app, can I add a link onto the video just like kibisis does?

thanks in advanced.

Comment

Working...