X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M451_2q
    • Apr 2002

DVD Ripping- Want Audio to CDROM only

Hi,

been reading the new user link uptop, but still havn't seen how I can rip only AUDIO from DVD's and burn it to a CD-RW.

Can Anyone help? Hoping that there is a software that will allow me to do this, and not have to buy a new video card.

Thanks.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

How do you want the audio stream to be stored? As a .wav or .mp3 file? Or as an audio CD (ON CD-RW)? For these pruposes, most audio ripping methods (Graphedit, vob2audio, Flask 0.6, etc) will suit your needs. These programs will extract the audio as a PCW .wav file. From there, you can use an MP3 encoder to create an MP3 file out of the .wav file, or start up your CD-burning program to create an audio CD.

By the way, what makes you think all these will force you into buying a new video card?

Comment

• M451_2q
      • Apr 2002

I was told I'd proably need a video card to hook my dvd or tape player to the computer.

I just installed a dvd player on my pc, and in response to your question, I wanted to burn the audio onto a CDRW as a wave file, so it could be used in any personal CD player. I have a dvd player and a cd-burner now.

I think my contact was talking about advanced video editing now that I think of it.

Which program would you recommend from your above list for just the audio? Im looking for something with out the additional software like "gator" and such in the program, so a purchase software instead of freeware doesn't bother me.

Many thanks,

~M
      Last edited by M451_2q; 9 Apr 2002, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

All of the mentioned programs are free and contain no bloatwares or annoying spywares. Graphedit (My tool of use) and Vob2audio should give the best audio quality. If you find the volume a tad too low, you can send the .wav file into any audio-editing programs, like Cooledit, and amplify it. I usually amplify the audio by 200% (or 6dB).

I trust you know what to do with the final wave file and your CD-burning program.

Comment

• Deus
          • Nov 2001

all the dvd rippers I have used have made a wav or mp3 file with the audio and the video was seperate. all you have o do is put the audio file on a cd

Comment

Working...