X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phishman1
    • Jan 2006

DV > DVD issues

Hello all,

This is my first post. I have a JVC DV camera, and all I would like to do is take the videos, capture them on my PC, and burn them to DVD. I have looked through many different online tutorials, and they're all baffling...and I'm an IT guy!

Anyways, my main objective is to take the captured file, which is an .AVI, convert it to mpeg2, turn these into files that will burn onto a DVD, and (here's the kicker)...have the quality of the video on the DVD be as good as what is on the original DV tape.

I am using the program Avi2dvd (the beta version). WHen I select the *.avi file, nothing ever comes up in the 'audio source' box. Any suggestions....or should I just scrap this program and use something else. If at all possible, I would like to avoid using 4 or 5 different programs to get to the end result. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have tried using avi2svcd, and it goes through it's batch file, gets to the encodeing section where it loads up TMPGEnc, and it stops. It keeps saying that it can not read my *.avi. Is this a codec issue? I have tried using Windows Movie Maker and WinDV to capture the source material, but the avi gets the same result when trying to encode in TMPGEnc.

Thanks!

Phishman1
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

i say u get a trial of ulead video studio, it will capture and make dvd mpeg2 for u, u can do realtime if u got 2.8 or more processor. and it will be very easy.

as an alternate u can try very good Tmpgenc to convert ur captured DV-AVI file to mpeg2 dvd compliant. u can find how to in many posts, just have a go on search.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...