Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relion
    • Apr 2002

Video asynchs with audio

I have this problem now, on my slow machine audio plays ok but video goes considerably slower, Im on 320*240 at a bitrate of 1000. Damn thing, whats the problem?. Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

What type (format) of video is it - DivX-compressed .AVI (which DivX version), MPEG1, MPEG2, QuickTime, RealPlayer, etc.?

Comment

• Relion
      • Apr 2002

Im using Divx 4.12

Well thats it

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Im using Divx 4.12"

Are you saying that you created this DivX-compressed .AVI and used v.4.12 to do so, or are you saying you've got v.4.12 installed on your system and you downloaded an AVI file?

If you've downloaded the file and it was created with the v.3.11alpha codec, this could be the cause of yuor problem. Or it could be that the audio was recorded at a rate of 22,050 Hz, but your system is playing it at 44,100.

If you would provide more information by doing the following, it could bring resolution of your problem one step closer:

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

If you are unable to do the above then, from within Explorer, rightclick on the file and click on "Properties". Select the "Details" tab. Although it won't provide as much information, post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box.

Comment

• Relion
          • Apr 2002

To setarip

Nop. I compressed it my own with Divx 4.12

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Try lowering your desktop color depth to 16 bit and lowering the desktop resolution to 800x600.

Turn off as many programs as possible that are running in the background.

Comment

Working...