X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • happy5
    • Jan 2006

Multiple AVI files on DVD using Sorenson Squeeze

Hello,

I have some AVI files (like 10 of them) around 150 MB each. I would like to put all of these files on a DVD so they can be viewed on a Sony DVD Player/Video Cassette Recorder (model SLV-D550P). They do not have to be "joined" as one long movie, just accessible as individual chapters.

Problem is I have been using Sorenson Squeeze (version 4.0) to turn the files into MPEG-1 media and they will not play - all I get is a "disk error" message. But they DO play on a computer and even on a portable Polaroid 7-inch screen DVD player. Go figure.

Any of you pros out there that have experience using Sorenson Squeeze that is willing to help me out with the settings I should use?

Again, the files play fine on computers but not on regular DVD players.

Thanks!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i never even heard of that software. all i suggest is using a quality video encoder like tmpgenc. for mpeg-1 it's 100% free.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• benbryant
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Aug 2005

I haven't used Sorenson products before and just had a quick look at the Sorenson Media site about Sorenson Squeeze 4. It seems to be that tool can make MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 format. But you still need a different tool to author DVD before burning DVD or create VCD if you want to burn CD dics though. You can use TMPGEnc DVD Author, DVDLab Pro,...for authoring

Regards
      Last edited by benbryant; 23 Jan 2006, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• happy5
        • Jan 2006

I have used Ulead DVD Video Factory Before and also the Video Studio applications... so I will make a DVD of the files I have.

Maybe rephrase the question - is there anyway to make a disc that includes the individual video files (without being subdivided in AUDIO and VIDEO folders) that can be playable in both regular DVD players and computers? If I gave this DVD to someone, could he/she put it on his/her computer and right-click and copy the specific video?

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

Yes.Seems he wants to make a Data-DVD containing mpeg1 files.As Columbo said,TMPGEnc is ur best bet.But I doubt whether this sort of DVD will play in all standalone players.But,at the same time,Data DVD containing Divx or Xvid encoded movies do play in supported players.Don't know about mpeg1 though.
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• benbryant
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Aug 2005

Instead of burning the Data DVD with separate MPEG-1 files in one DVD, you can use TMPGEnc DVD Author to author DVD with these MPEG-1 files and create a usable menu. You can play this type of DVD with most DVD players. Please try my guide from the link below:

PS: Skip the IsoBuster step since you already have mpeg files

Regards
            Last edited by benbryant; 24 Jan 2006, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

I have some AVI files (like 10 of them) around 150 MB each
              If I gave this DVD to someone, could he/she put it on his/her computer and right-click and copy the specific video?
              yes and when you do this, you should be able to open the disc and copy individual vob files--then rename to ".mpg".
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...