X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulC2K
    • Feb 2006

cutting & sync'ing

Hi,

I've got a load of divX/avi files which are 566mb too big to fit onto a 8.5gb disc and its not possible to fit them onto 2x 4.5gb discs because there's 25 parts and the 13th part pushes it 30mb over, whichever disc i try to put it onto.

I normally use VirtualDub to mess with any video files, however these particular files always give the error message:
    VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during the process for better compatability. This may introduce up to 10058ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder (bitrate: 131.7 + 30.5kbps)
    Basically i want to do 1 of 2 things.
    Ideally, i'd like to edit all the files to scrap 600mb total, thats 24mb per part, 25mb to be sure, which is quite a bit i guess.
    Alternatively i'll stick it onto 2 single layer dvds and sulk about it all for a bit!

When i followed the instructions mentioned in one of the stickies about cutting DivX files, and ive done the re-sync part too, however no matter what value i give it (correct ones or stupidly OTT values) it doesnt make a single bit of difference. 39min in, im seeing something 9 seconds before i hear it!

I've calculated the A,B,C and T values,
    23.976, 23.998, 0.022 and 2498.332sec giving me 2292.430

Is all of this basically down to the fact that the video file appears to be a complete mess according to VDub or is there something else?
    Is there something i can do to fix this that isnt going to require me to spend hours converting every single episode just because it was capped too big to ever fit to 1 dual layer or 2 single layer DVDs

If anyone can help, it'd be appreciated, this isnt the only series I have which is too big to fit to DVD, i have quite a few which will need working on, and i'd hate to have to use extra DVDs just for 1 or 2 episodes!

Thanks in advance,
    PaulC2K
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the <a href="http://forum.digital-digest.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item">Digital Video Forums</a> PaulC2K!

Have you tried VirtualDubMod? - http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/

Comment

Working...