Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • always
    • Feb 2006

backup freezing and skipping ?

ok, i made a backup of my movie and i wanted to check and see how it plays on other players so i gave it to a friend to review and he said it skipped and went to the next scene 1 time and did the digital freeze thing 2 other times. no fingerprints no scratches. now the media is hp dvd-r which is a CMC disc(i know the quality may not be there, i have 200 taiyo yudens on their way) but this disk played perfect on my pioneer dvd player at home a couple days ago. all my burns have played perfect on my player. could it be his player? dont know the brand? or is it just the media? any ideas thakns in advance.
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

why dont you bring back and play on your player again and see if it skip or not, if it is then there is the media problem, if not then his player 's problem.
    sigpic

Comment

• Cambion7
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Nov 2005

Did you observe BluTach's Golden Rules of Burning? What speed did you burn, and what software did you burn with?

Regards,
      Cambion7
      Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
      - Confidence

Comment

• Gary D
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

DVD players are known to be picky. What type of burner do you have? Can it burn DVD+R's as DVD-rom's?

I switched over after reading a couple of posts that DVD+R's are compatable with about 85% and DVD-Rs about 95% and DVD-ROMs about 99% of all players.
        Gary D

Comment

• always
          • Feb 2006

i burned using imageburn
          i burned at 4x on 8x media
          Compaq computer and burner is fresh out of the box 1 week ago(htye came together)
          model is tsst corp.TS-H552L 0614
          on a ata cable (internal drive)
          i am burning DVD-R's
          i will check the dvd on my home player to check it out though. thakns guys
          Last edited by always; 7 Mar 2006, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Cambion7
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Nov 2005

With ImgBurn did you tick the 'Verify' box? It increases the backup time, but verifies the burned disc with the ISO image. If you've done this and the compare passes, chances are the player has issues.
            Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
            - Confidence

Comment

• always
              • Feb 2006

yes i always verify and i watched 75% of the disc with no problems last night.
              so i am assuming that his player may be at fault. Is that possible for a player to cause skipping?
              any solutions to fixing his player?(just being a friend).
              and what is a tsst corp.TS-H552L 0614 burner(who makes it?) or who is it really?

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

it's a samsung with special firmware from compaq?
                samsung's are bad enough but when they make a special model for compaq
                and compaq doesn't support new firmware upgrades then there can be problems

Comment

• Furiousg
                  If you have any poo....throw it now
                  • Dec 2005

It is possible that the media just does not agree with his player. Most discs may work, but will have a higher failure rate with your type of media.
                  That is a Samsung branded drive by the way

**Chewy too quick **
                  -FuriousG-

Comment

• always
                    • Feb 2006

you guys are awesome thakns for the info. so far the drive has been burnig fine. only the future will tell.what would i notice if there was a problem with the burner (a coaster?) or how would i tell its time to junk it for a good one.
                    by the way its a lightscribe prob why its specially branded for compaq.

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

since it's such a new model they may be no firmware updates yet,
                      hopefully there will be, the other 552's have been around for quite some time
                      and probaly share the same basic write strategies

Comment

• NightTran
                        King of Digital Video
                        King of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by always
                        you guys are awesome thakns for the info. so far the drive has been burnig fine. only the future will tell.what would i notice if there was a problem with the burner (a coaster?) or how would i tell its time to junk it for a good one.
                        by the way its a lightscribe prob why its specially branded for compaq.
                        get one burner that can scan quality, scansss until you have bad one
                        sigpic

Comment

• always
                          • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by NightTran
                          get one burner that can scan quality, scansss until you have bad one
                          Can you put that in NEWBIE language?
                          are you telling me to get a new burner now?
                          how do i know if mine can scan for quality?
                          or get software that will scan for bad burns?(recommmendations)?
                          what is scansss? or do you mean run scans until i find a bad disk?
                          Last edited by always; 14 Mar 2006, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

use cd speed, part of nero toolkit, there's a tab for diskquality.
                            see if your drive will do a scan, try 8x, otherwise just try a transfer test

Last edited by Chewy; 14 Mar 2006, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Working...