Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shadowofthedark
    • Aug 2005

AVI can't be converted by TMPGenc

I have a 5 part rar file that when extracted is an avi video file. I can watch it using wmp, but when I try to convert it using tmpgenc, an error of file is not recognized or supported pops up. What kind of error is this and how can I convert the video? Thanks!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

first try this

Open TMPgenc Plus, the wizard will open. Close it. The first thing you need to do:

Go to the TMPGEnc's Option menu and select Environmental settings. From there, select the
    VFAPI Plug-in tab.

There you see a list of various reader plugins installed for the TMPGEnc. The one that's called DirectShow Multimedia File Reader is the one that we're looking at. As a default, its priority is -1. Select the item and right click on it. Choose Higher priority and repeat this until the "Priority" for this item is higher than any other plugin's priority in the list (usually 2).

if this don't work other conversion is needed.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...