Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilshann
    • Feb 2005

Which capture cards?

Hi, I am trying to burn my vhs's onto dvd's. I am totally new at this and am pretty much clueless at the moment. Moonrocks was very kind in responding to my last thread about where to start and what to do. My question is this I guess I need a "capture card" first and would like to know what others suggest and where to get it (like a best buy or a website?) I don't have a lot of money to spend but still want something that is good quality. If you can give me any imput it would be appreciated. Also if anyone can suggest good software to help me do this that would be great.
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

I reccomend the WinTV-PVR-150. I don't have it but have heard great reviews, I will be buying one soon.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• moonrocks
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jul 2005

I use a Hauppauge PVR-150 myself and I'm very happy with it. You should be able to find them at stores like Best Buy, Circuit City etc. They come with the software you need to capture.

Keep saving your money drf! I remember you were interested in one a while back. I think you'll really like it

"Det blåser også her." - Erik den røde

Comment

• lilshann
        • Feb 2005

Does this work for any system? I mean are there only certain wintv cards for certain computers? I went on ebay and my mouth about dropped when I saw how many different ones there were.

Comment

• moonrocks
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Jul 2005

For the pvr-150 you'll need Windows XP, XP MCE 2005 or Windows 2000.

Comment

• lilshann
            • Feb 2005

Ok, so is this one you suggest that is a good one moonrock? I have windows xp and if it makes a differene I have a Emachine T2895 computer. Does this card you have come with the software?

Comment

• moonrocks
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Jul 2005

A quick google shows that model emachine uses a Celeron at 2.8GHz which should be fine. Hauppauge gives the minimum processor speed for the pvr-150 at 733MHz. Yes, the 150 comes with software. It's a PCI card so make sure you have a free slot for it.

Yes, I like this card. But don't rush into anything, you've got time. See what other people recommend too.

Comment

Working...