• Show
Clear All
  • JediLJB
    I've got a bad feeling about this...
    • Mar 2006

Still can't get backup to playback without errors

AAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHH !!!

That's better.

Please help me, I really don't want to Frisbee my computer from my third story window, but I'm getting pretty close...

My ongoing problem(s) I'm having with backing up my dvd collection, is NO matter what I speed I try (burning at 2x 4x 8x, recommended is 8x) 3 out of 5 (on average) attempted burns (of tv show discs Star Trek, Charmed etc.) the episodes either start in the "middle" or what episode selected from the menu IS NOT the episode that actually plays !!!

I'm Using:

A TS-L532R cd/dvdw drive (firmware HA05) in my Presario laptop.

DVDFAB Express software. (Do I Need To Change this, if so, to WHAT ???)

Nero cd/dvdspeed 4.50 to check discs via "Scan Disc" (please see my attachment for "scan" results and "benchmark / Transfer Rate" attempts)

Taiyo Yuden DVD-R media. (nero ID's them as= TYG02) I dumped my stack of Memorex 16x dvd-r after being advised that they were the culprit, now I have to wonder.

I have 4 different dvd (apex 3151, trutech, initial portable) players in my house that have played virtually anything I've given them so far (vcds, dvd-r,etc.) I get the same results on each player that I try these discs on.

I have attached my most recent "coaster creation logs" along with details from my last "Nero" scan disc results.

Please Help Me.

I am NEW to all this, and am VERY discouraged at this point...
    Attached Files
Working...