Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shortcut
    • Mar 2006

sony burner failure?

I have a sony dru510a/dwu14a that has always worked flawlessly. I recently had to reload my windows xp due to worm/virus. since that time my burner will only recognize cds it will not even see dvd media or retail movies.I have reloaded all software as on original setup, no luck. I have placed burner in someone elses computer and burner works fine. I have also purchased a liteon 160p6s for a replacement. it works ok.any suggestions how to get my sony back on line? I have tried firmware updates from sony but no change. thanks for any help.
  • Chizzmo
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Nov 2005

What you should try is to delete the driver for the drive all together. You can do this by going into controlpanel>performance and maintenance>System and then follow the pics below

then you want to restart your comp, and your device manager will start-up and reinstall the driver.
    Last edited by Chizzmo; 28 Mar 2006, 01:12 PM.
    Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

• shortcut
      • Mar 2006

I have tried uninstalling and re installing drive. no good.I have also uninstalled nero and power dvd and reistalled them. no good.

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

Hi shortcut,

Please check the link below. Hopefully it provides a clue for you to fix the problem:

Regards

Comment

Working...