Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nerublanco
    • Apr 2006

How to fix sound in a movie

I have a movie in my pc format MPG, the image is good but the sound is terrible, I can barely here the people talking. I ask some friends because I do not know anything about this, but they said many different things about editing or separating the sound from the movie, fixing it and the put it back together but how?... no clue what thats mean, that is why I come where the experts are. Please let me know how I can solve this problem. I don't want to lose this video. Thanks
  • Gary D
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Here is a thread on your problem

But 1st, make a back up copy of what you have and do not touch it in case you need a copy of it to start over again

This is not my area but at least it will get you start reading in the right direction
    Gary D

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

Most storyboard editors have a audio tab where you can correct volume. TMPGenc has an audio area for volume (look under "settings" "advanced" tabs) and if the sound isn't in sync with the video you can adjust it in "source range".

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by nerublanco
        I have a movie in my pc format MPG, the image is good but the sound is terrible, I can barely here the people talking. I ask some friends because I do not know anything about this, but they said many different things about editing or separating the sound from the movie, fixing it and the put it back together but how?... no clue what thats mean, that is why I come where the experts are. Please let me know how I can solve this problem. I don't want to lose this video. Thanks
        if the sound is simply to low, i'd de-mux the audio with virtualdub and apply boost with besweet. re-mux with video stream.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

@LT,
          Is de muxing required?If it is only a matter of boosting volume ,won't Besweet (or Belight) do it straightaway on the mpg?
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

to be honest i'm not sure. never tried it. i don't think so though, especially belight. maybe someone can say if they know for certain.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

never tried it. i don't think so though
              OK.I have tried it.U r right.It does not accept mpeg video.It does ,however,accept vobs.So,he does need to demux first.
              sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...