Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrman1608
    • May 2006

XVid file length time changes?

Right then hopefully someone can help because I'm completely stumped.....!

I've got a few HD Xvid files which played fine when I downloaded them a couple of months back but I went to watch them a couple of days ago and something weird is going on - when the file opens up it briefly shows (for e.g. with one of them) it is 6m17s long then switches to 17m19s which is about how long I remembered the file to be, but it then will only playback the 6 minutes then stop. In WM10 it shows it is only about 1/3 of the way through on the playback bar at the bottom. I've tried loading the file in vdub, vlc, avicodec and tried fixing the file but they all show length being 6m17s!!

Incidentally in vdub it shows the file being about 11300 frames long but in tmpgenc it does show the vid as being about 26000 frames long, and freezes for a while on 8% when judging field order so I guess it has got corrupted or something but how do I solve the problem? tmpgenc won't encode at the lovely 1280*720 resolution so I don't want to convert using that.

thanks for any help!
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Where did you get these files?
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by mrman1608
      Right then hopefully someone can help because I'm completely stumped.....!

I've got a few HD Xvid files which played fine when I downloaded them a couple of months back but I went to watch them a couple of days ago and something weird is going on - when the file opens up it briefly shows (for e.g. with one of them) it is 6m17s long then switches to 17m19s which is about how long I remembered the file to be, but it then will only playback the 6 minutes then stop. In WM10 it shows it is only about 1/3 of the way through on the playback bar at the bottom. I've tried loading the file in vdub, vlc, avicodec and tried fixing the file but they all show length being 6m17s!!

Incidentally in vdub it shows the file being about 11300 frames long but in tmpgenc it does show the vid as being about 26000 frames long, and freezes for a while on 8% when judging field order so I guess it has got corrupted or something but how do I solve the problem? tmpgenc won't encode at the lovely 1280*720 resolution so I don't want to convert using that.

thanks for any help!
      where you got the files isn't important. sounds like tv captures to me anyway. if you could please post the file info screenshot when loaded in vdub (file>file information)
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• mrman1608
        • May 2006

sorry for the delay I've attached a screenie of the file info - just noticed the length of audio and video streams are different but have no idea what you do about that LOL
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...