X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • copyless
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2006

I have the equilivent of TiVo, from DN, which is a PVR and a DVR. The PVR will record 40hrs and the DVR 100hrs. Anyways, it does not matter to my DVD recorder whether or not the show is live or one I have recorded to the HD. If the show has copy protection, the recorder will say the movie is copy righted and it will stop recording after about 7 seconds.

I know there are ways around this, but I do not bother with it, because for me, I usually watch PPV movies I'm not sure if I want to own. I always record the movies to my DVR and I have one disc I use to test. If it records to 10-12 seconds, I put in a new disc and start the show over and record it to the DVD. If it is protected I haven't lost anything.

Oh yeah, when you say recorder, I am assuming you mean a stand alone unit, like a VCR recorder, only for DVD's.

Comment

• sammidog
      • May 2006

Hello - I'm a newbie and am interested in the beginning of the discussion relating to s2c's problem in copying recorded TV on his computer to DVD. I was looking for software that did this and was wondering whether you felt Nero express 3 did the job well for you. I use different software to record (Fusion HDTV) and it works very well but I don't know how to record the captured mpeg2 to DVD. Hope you can help.

Comment

• s2c
        • Feb 2006

Hi sammidog, Sorry reply so late, net access is random.
        I found nero express 3 does the job well enough. Only about half an hour to burn an hour and half of material.
        With NVE 3 its very simple.
        With Nve3 running, click on Make DVD then DVD video in the sub menu.
        Click on Make movie. This opens Untitled Project.
        On the right hand side is a white box with a menu called MY MEDIA FILES. In the bottom left corner of this box are two blue buttons. The extreme left is the BROWSE button. Find your mpeg files you want to burn with this. When you open them they are analyzed which may take a few moments. When done they are available to you in the MY MEDIA FILE box. Double click or drag the file to the f"film strip at the bottom of the project box. From here you can trim/ edit your file, by using the coloured buttons in the left hand upper part of the project ,Add other clips if you want.
        Once you are happy with your edited movie, click next. Add a title to your movie by double clicking on the "1.TITLE 1" on the little thumbnail of your movie. Add chapters if you wish by clicking on it in WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO box. click next.
        Choose your MAIN MENU.. I haven't done anything with this, I just use the default. Click Next. Preview if desired. Next. Mine then pops up a warning about ntsc content. I want it in PAL, you may want it in NTSC, answer accordingly. All done. Burn it.
        If your project is greater than 4.7 g then it offers to reduce the quality to fit on the disk. Doing this will make the production time a lot longer, can be over an hour.
        Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...