Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor
    • May 2006

How to join AVC and/or Mpeg-4 clips.

I want to join AVC clips for my psp and same as to mpeg4 clips. anyone knows how?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

YAMB can do just that, assuming file specs are identical. otherwise re-encoding is needed
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• monitor
      • May 2006

i tried but nothing happend, all i can see is the first clip i selected to join but that's it nothing happened afterwards just the size have been grown. here's what i did: 1) click the "splitting&joining" tab 2) under the joining section i clicked the add button and selected the mpeg4 video clip i want to merge with two other mpeg4 clips. then i click add again for the second video then the third. 3) then i clicked the output button and selected a folder for it and then hit the join button a window popped out saying about the progress. after it was done and i went to the output file folder but it doesn't contain all three clips but just the first one in the series. so my question is "am i missing something?"

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

as i said in my previous post, file specs must be identical; must be same resolution, audio format/bitrate, etc. when they're not identical, YAMB still muxes (unmatched) them as separate streams into a single mp4 file, which i'm sure is not playable on a psp.

to join files with different specs you'll need to re-encode-- i recommend meGUI
        Last edited by anonymez; 20 May 2006, 04:57 PM.
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...